Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Reflections

First of all you have to see the article on the Right to Play web sight. It pretty much sums up the trip. Thinking back on it all I realized a few things along the way:

* if I planned it again I would make no day longer than 75 miles and have one fewer rest day.
* I would pack better for the first day in ONtario and not arrive in London mid rush hour
* I would definitely look over EVERYTHING on the map, including the direction of RR crossings and highlight them.
* I would not CAMP unless we had two cars- one that was designated support and one that would take care of camp (too much time to pack up everything)
* I would not vacation first - I would do that after (still wiped out here)
* I would pack the JUST IN CASE/GOD FORBID you might need them supplies (Silvadine, Net Bandage, and Xeroform) for that unexpected slide across the road
* I would also make sure I had a spare rear wheel for every bike with us (We could not find a place to fix Justin's spoke and without a truing stand and new spokes ourselves we were out of luck)
* I would rethink part of the route...
*CANT FORGET THE SIDEWALK CHALK!!!
*NEED MORE SIGNS!!!
*NEED TO TRICK OUT THE VAN WITH SUB WOOFERS!!!

With that said, its done, he finished, and he is very thrilled to have had the adventure...

No comments: