Friday, August 22, 2008

Rambled Thoughts...

Yesterday we had a day off, Chris went to his friend Kevin's house, and Justin, my mom, and I went to Lake George to see my Aunt. It was a very relaxing day. I actually got a chance to read the paper, and that got me thinking... about all the negatives that are covered in the paper, and how there is a 13 year old kid who has raised money for a cause he believed in, and in exchange pledged to ride his bike home from his vacation, an 800 mile unorganized, grass roots, just him supported by his family journey, to make sure that the world knows how important playing can be in life, ... and yet, there is no story there.

Don't get me wrong, he is doing this for all the right reasons, and recognition is not really in that equation. I just can't get over how interesting it is that it hasn't been picked up.

This weekend's rides:
Tomorrow we are headed to Copake Falls, We will be starting around 9AM and this will be an 80 mile very hilly effort, probably the worst ride of the trip. Rather than camp out though, we are headed back to Malta so that Chris can be comfortable after such a hard effort.

Sunday's ride:
Copake Falls to Home- He will probably start around 9 or 10 AM (I'll know better tomorrow) and this 68 mile ride will be straight down 22 with the exception of the Millerton-Wassaic path and the route from Brewster. We will be headed into Somers on Route 202 from Croton Falls.

I'll edit this post as I know more!

No comments: