Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I almost forgot...

CLAMS on the GRILL - OK I know they are not vegan but they were so good (and easy) and part of my recent sharing experience with one of my OLDEST friends who I used to seek out the best quahog chowder with every summer...

3 dozen clams (I used littlenecks)
4 cloves of garlic
stick of butter
oregano
parsley
pepper (both black and red)
lemon (juice and some of the zest)
heavy duty foil cut into 6 sheets

Scrub clams and discard any open or cracked ones
melt butter with other ingredients
place 6 clams on a sheet of foil and 1-2 tbsp of the butter mixture
wrap as a pouch
continue until all 6 pouches are complete
place on grill 7-10 minute

I used foil because of the ease of cleanup but more importantly the fact that I have 2 kids who are very allergic to shellfish - this helps keep contamination issues to a minimum.

No comments: