Sunday, June 20, 2010

"Always on Sunday"...

I wanted to sleep in this morning but found myself up, wheezing and needing to breath at 6 AM. I may as well get my day started, after all, I do have a great deal to accomplish today. So its 7:35 now and I have already managed to put up a pot of baked beans and a blueberry streusel topped coffee cake, which I did modify from the book Always on Sunday (Ostman, 1998). The book is something I picked up at a craft fair in Roseville, MN last December when we were out there for a meet. I even met the author, WOOHOO. She was impressed that I was buying the book for my husband Kenny and not myself. It used to be that I did my Christmas shopping in Lake Placid, now it seems that the Twin Cities have grabbed me the past 3 years. I started thinking about this yesterday as I was reading a blog and watching a rerun of the triple D, the one where they visit Al's Breakfast . I started to miss the friends that I have grown to love in that area.

I am hoping to get some coffee in me in a few minutes and head into the studio to get some carving and glazing out of the way early, though right now I have this urge to get out on my bike before its too hot, though I know its already too late for that. So I shelve that thought until my work is done. With that said...

No comments: