Sunday, October 31, 2010

A day in the life...

I chaperoned the Homecoming Dance last night, getting home at Midnight, only to have to be on the road again at 6 ish to get to the Kiln in South Dartmouth by 9AM (make it 9:45 and we are golden) I realized that my age is catching up to me. I spent the day in the studio yesterday, a solid 8 hours, and I was spent, then I had to go to the dance. I felt OLD, lets put it this way, leaving room for the Holy Ghost and slow dances are gone. Come to think of it, so are the mix of tunes, no more eclectic mix of genres, now its all the same, sort of. How many ways can you say "that bag cannot come in here"? My night home was completed by "Jack and Diane" as I got in the car to return home. Man I feel old. This morning as we drove to MA, I started to understand that there would be benefits to having my own wood kiln, I wouldn't have to leave at the crack of dawn on almost no sleep and travel so far to stack wood and play with fire!
In any case, we worked hard until 1, had lunch and called it a day. Kenny and I then headed to see Tom and Linda before racing back to Shelton to meet Mikey and his girlfriend Kathleen and then a 90 min skating practice. I just got home, wolfed down a frittata of potatoes, onions, mustard greens and eggs. and decided to spend 10 minutes giving you the day in a life of a quiet but typical weekend. Its 10 PM and I am so fried, yet because I have been working on a woodpile all day, I have to shower. I don't think I can move off this couch. Can someone bring me a glass of wine, I am watching the Village Halloween Parade thinking I would love to be there right now, but I am so glad I am not there right now. OK- tome to get wet, and watch the inside of my eyelids for awhile in a nice warm cozy place, if I could only get off this damn couch.

No comments: