Sunday, October 24, 2010

there is nothing like a fall day

I spent the weekend envious of my husband. He has been in Milwaukee with Chris at the Single Distance World Cup Qualifiers at the Petit National Ice Center. Chris was racing, using the meet as a tune up for the first Jr. meet in Calgary in a few weeks. It was hard not to be there, but it was nice to see that Kenny was actually getting into the excitement, texting me the results of the likes of Shani, Tucker, Trevor and Ryan. He was fascinated with the speed. I want to laugh because I think he has finally gotten it. Now if I could only get him on a pair of skates.
I managed to get a great deal of studio work done this weekend. I have a lot of work to do though, we load the kiln in two weeks. I spent the day yesterday prepping the kiln. I left the house somewhere shy of 6 AM and headed 3.5 hours away to Dartmouth, Ma to help stack 12 cords of wood, set the tents up, put the palettes out, and wash and stack the kiln shelves. Next week, we cut and stack the side stoke. I am excited for this firing, though I still haven't figured out where I am crashing. In any case, there is nothing better than the feeling of prepping wood on a crisp fall day. It was windy and chilly. I knew I was sweating though I never felt warm. Matter of fact I froze when we stopped for lunch. I think the hardest part of the day was the drive home. I was definitely very tired. After visiting for a bit with my boys, I was in bed by 8:30. I am left wondering as I feel like eating everything in site today, just how many calories are burned in 4 hours of stacking wood? I am so sore today (sort of).
This week? Lots of stuff going on. I hope I have the time to update the blog. I have an exhibition proposal to get out, a bunch of bisque kilns to fire, glazes to mix up, work to finish, grades to do, not to mention some skating to do.

No comments: