Monday, July 6, 2009

Sweet strike...

A few days ago I took on Chris Callis's challenge on Facebook to go on a sweet strike. I had already revamped my attitude towards training, I have been getting sick of having nothing to wear, and I found a partner to work out with at least a few days a week, so what could be so bad about returning to that GI diet that allowed me to loose so much weight to begin with. After all the only thing I really had to gain was my health. So, its day 6 and I had one tiny setback, but as I told Chris, I have acknowledged it and moved on. I am feeling more confident each day, but still getting the headaches from the drop in calories and increase in fiber.

I have made it a point to actually seek out farm stands and farmers markets and buy local produce. We even picked our own berries two days in a row, one we paid cash for and one we paid sweat for. I am running out of those berries, so Wed may be another day to pay in sweat. Who knows, maybe we will find some Black Raspberries? The wineberries will be ready soon too.

My day so far has consisted of cleaning the house. I find that each time I clean I get more and more into it, maybe that is the calorie deficit potential? I have gone out for a much needed but much procrastinated about ride that was a bit mundane. I did allow me to think a lot though. I started to realize that I needed to fall in love with cycling again. I think that needs to happen with skating too. As I was riding I was reflecting on what has been different since I was so head strong into it? There was a time I would eat, sleep, and obsess about cycling and skating and exercise for that matter. I am not sure what has changed. So I am up for suggestions. How can I fall in love again?

Time to get ready for dryland and a swim. Until later.

2 comments:

christopher said...

remember why we ride...we always ride alone on our bike or skates but we are never alone when we bring why we ride with us...

Amy said...

your comments mirror my own thoughts, as I struggle with the same demons. I am trying to recapture the "high" in both activities, yet I keep coming up against my limitations... is it age or psychological? Write on and keep exploring, I'm right there with you.