Saturday, March 26, 2011

The season's first ride...

A few months ago I had set the goal of having today be my season's official first ride. I had hoped that it would have been an a reunion ride of those people I had gotten so close to a few years ago doing AIDS rides. We used to start our season of training rides on the sound shore in Westport, CT then go for Greek food at the diner across from the station. I had hoped to do the same today but things just didn't work out that way. Up until yesterday I wasn't even sure that I was going to be around to ride. I actually thought any riding I might do would have been with Steve and John in Boston because I was sure that I would need a diversion from the day at the hospital with my mom. However, last night I posted that I was hoping to ride today, hoping beyond hope that I would get a few takers. My luck left me with none, so Kenny and I decided to stay closer to home and ride the trail. Not the best ride for training purposes, but it was cold enough to be empty of that park like traffic and since it wasn't plowed and salted all winter it would also be free of pot holes. All I can say is despite spending a great deal of time on my skates and XC skis this winter, it was really, really, really COLD!!! I think the reason we only went 10 or so miles is because we never warmed up, not even when we climbed. It was great to be out though and it accomplished one thing, it got me itching to ride again and has helped fuel the desire to ride a lot.

I have been trying to finalize details on just how I will be able to ride the PMC this summer with our upcoming training trip to Utah and Chris's desire to skate roller Montreal. I think I may have found the solution. So if the Sturbridge to P-town route is still open when I confirm my planning thoughts then I will be changing my status from virtual rider to actual rider. I need to find a 54 to borrow, someone to pick me up at Logan and at least 84 people to donate 50. to the cause...





No comments: