Tuesday, January 1, 2008

out for a run

I didn't do too much yesterday, I was really spent from the week in Lake Placid, skating a few hours a day, and driving home in snow yet again. This morning however, I found myself still hurting, and despite the temptation of allowing myself to be glued to the Saber/Penquin game, I managed to get out for a short 35 min run, which turned out to be a bit of a soul searching endeavor. I found myself picking my brain about specific goals, and trying not to compare this time to last time. I does no good to beat myself up about the past. What is more important is that I remain positive and move forward as each journey is different. I tried to think of how I wanted to break down each task. On excercise, I know that if I give it a month of consistant effort, then the hard work will start to become second nature. (7 days down- 21 to go)
Today's goals:
exercise for at least 30 minutes - This was completed and exceeded
eat only whole foods (and in moderation)

No comments: