Thursday, July 31, 2008

PEG LEG!

OK, I haven't slept in two nights and I am scared to think ahead to next week. My leg is still rather large and while I have been forcing myself to bite the bullet as far as walking on it, after awhile it gets to be too much, enough so that I can't concentrate on the last bit of writing I have to get done before we leave. I have never seen so many tints, tones, and shades of purple either! My foot looks like Monet's palette at sunset. (Haystack anyone?)

My adventure in swimming today was actually not as bad as I anticipated, though it was difficult to get my self into and out of the water as the sand at the lake is a bit uneven, but sitting in my chair afterwards and flexing my foot in the warmed top layer felt really good. Drawing the alphabet with my toes kills, as does flexing it on a stability ball. Have not tried the trainer, that is tomorrow's task after my PT appointment. My biggest fear is clipping out. I guess I shouldn't gripe though, as where I am at there is a good chance I can still ride at least part of the route. It could have been much worse.

On another note I would like to wish TEAM KERMIT my best as they head off from Boston to Sturbridge tomorrow (72 miles) to warm up for their Pan Mass Challenge (what dedication!) Wishing for tailwinds for you all the way! Check out their profile
My HEART IS TOTALLY WITH YOU

No comments: