Monday, February 4, 2008

MY HEAD HURTS!!!! LT Nationals

I have spent the last week with a headache, sometimes so severe that I am driven to tears. I am told that there is this virus going around that has exactly those symptoms, I also hear that it could be winter allergies, or even hormones. All I know is that it is very painful and has affected every aspect of my being, from my sleep habits to my mental composure. I am short tempered, whiney, lethargic, extremely exhausted, and generally not feeling like myself at all. I apologize if you have seen that unbecoming side of me. I am headed back to the doctor this week if it does not subside.

Needless to say I was a bit off at Nationals this weekend. I tried really hard to not let the pain get the better of me for Chris's sake. He worked so hard this season and was skating so well. Chris managed to skate to a 5th place finish after a few major set backs.

My club faired well, I was so proud of the fact that there were 5 Newburgh skaters there. Everyone skated well. We took home 1 medallion and a slew of medals (1st through 4th). I got to file my first official protest for a member of my other club, who also faired very well. This was a major learning experience for me, and to tell you the truth, one that was welcomed. Katie Traver made it very simple, as did Tom Porter.

I had a really nice conversation with Pat Maxwell about coaching and training. I am always greatful for those conversations as I learn so much there too. I feel like I am ready to finish my level 3 certification, but at the same time feeling like I have SO much more to learn. I guess my thoughts about being as much of a student as I am a teacher apply here as well.

Well, that is all for tonight. GREAT JOB Chris H, Grizzy, Denise, Stewart, ,Jack, Andrew, Kristen, Matt and Dave!

No comments: